Bergamot essential oil has a light citrus aroma, which makes it a great oil to help you get going in the morning or refresh your kitchen before dinner. The peel of the yellow-green, orange-shaped fruit is cold pressed to create the pure Young Living Bergamot oil found in homes around the world.
Bergamot’s aroma is tart yet sweet and uplifting yet relaxing, making it a popular oil in perfumes, cosmetics, and lotions. In addition to its scent, Bergamot has attracted attention for its cleansing properties, and it’s often used as a luxurious ingredient in shampoos, soaps, and cleansers. However, because Bergamot can cause photosensitivity, avoid applying the oil before spending time outside.
Bergamot Essential Oil Uses
- Diffuse at home, in the classroom, or while working to create an uplifting, positive environment.
- Place in the palms of your hands and inhale to experience a calming aroma during unsettling times.
- Combine a couple of drops with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and use for an invigorating massage.
- Add to your nightly skin care regimen to create the appearance of smoother-looking skin. Keep in mind that Bergamot can cause photosensitivity, so avoid sun exposure after any application.
- Include a few drops in homemade cleaners to add an uplifting aroma to your chores.
How to Use
Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of V-6™ or olive oil and apply to desired area as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. May cause photosensitivity. Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 48 hours after applying product.
†100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil